Extending on last post — The human species reaction to COVID 19 reveals so many thought from this blog, but I will summarize from my own tired repetitive thoughts:
1. The Universe and the inanimate, from which we were created, doesn’t care whether we exist or not.
2. The universe and the inanimate more powerful than the animate becuase the animate relies on the inanimate for life. For example, sunlight, water and air.
3. Given the two maxims above, what have we done as a species to create an existence to survive and progress in a postive forward progression?
4. We created a human-centric economy totally detached from the two above maxims. We have created a human-centric bubble reality, economy, and existence, including the concept of a god that created us and the entire universe that we think cares about our existence. Nothing could be further from the truth.
5. Because of COVID 19, we have popped our bubble existence by stay at home in the hope we can maintain our bubble upon a vaccine. But there is no vaccine for our fundamental error. The universe doesnt exist for us.
6. If we understood our place in the universe, we would educate our young, we would enable people that work hard to earn a comfortable life, we would reward the talented with more but not to crazy extremes, we would have a healthcare system to take care of people, we would ensure the unique planet we rely on for our very existence is thriving, clean and healthy. We would not pollute the air and water with our waste and bile.
7. And we would not run and hide when we have a virus that kills less than one percent of our population. We must carry on. Death is part of life. This planet is not here for us nor is the universe. Given that truth, set a course and foundation to enable an intelligent and realistic progression of our species to thrive and move beyond our watered down excuse for existence based on fame, religion and riches. We have achieved greatness, at various points of history and isolated cases, in the realms of art, philosophy, literature, music, architecture, science, economy. Focus on that and improve it. That is our purpose in a hostile universe that doesnt care whether we exist or not.
As we maintain spatial distancing and stay home to avoid contracting and spreading the coronavirus, please allow me the pleasure to entertain you with my poem as well as my original musical compositions recently published in the multimedia post at https://soundeagle.wordpress.com/2020/04/12/the-last-rag/
I welcome your feedback there. May the music and poem bring you some creative “distractions” or “diversion” amidst the disruptions and woes engendered by the viral pandemic!
Please enjoy to your heart’s content! Happy May to you!
“The Scottish psychiatrist R.D. Laing pointed out that our species has a strong in-built capacity for self-deception, and that we have literally ‘tricked ourselves out of our own minds.’ Modern western civilization, though outwardly highly developed and technologically advanced, is inwardly still immature, and psychologically under-developed. We have not fully learned how to take back our own minds. Or, to put it another way, to decondition ourselves against disingenuous programming – those opinions, ideas, and perspectives – that are fostered upon us from external sources.”